Sunday, May 16, 2010

I had decided the structure. I had decided what it will do.Now the challenge was completion of the task. The greatest hurdle was the motion of the platform in the vertical axis. I tried to do this motion by following how a piston work i.e. transforming circular motion to linear motion.













The making of the piston mechanism was an iterative process. Subsequently, I realized that it needed acute precision which was becoming hard for me to achieve. So I devised another method to do this. I used a screw attached to the motor axis. As the screw rotated, the nut attached to it moved up/down (depending on the direction of rotation). THIS WORKED !

The MDF boxes, of which the structures of the installation were made of, were made using Laser Cutting machine, by me. The screenshot of the corel file used is as follows-


Following are some snaps of the mess created when Laser Cutting was in process.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 THE WORLD OF WIZARD.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.