Saturday, May 15, 2010

As I was exploring the shape of the installation, I was also keeping in mind the "space" and "nature" of the site where I was going to have my installation. A significant point which the space had was that it was equally divided into 16 squares. There were embedded lights at the points of grids formed in the site. This gave us the opportunity to use the native electricity network there ( which supplied power to the embedded lights ). Hence, the headache of concealing wires in the site, which will be required to supply power to my installation, could be avoided. In the first visit to the site, I took measurements of the site. This helped me when I came back to NID, to prototyping the patterns of arrangement. 

I used Google SketchUp to do my 3D prototyping. This saved me a lot of time and also saved a lot of material which could have been waste in the process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 THE WORLD OF WIZARD.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.