Monday, May 17, 2010

We are having a course named CRAFTS. In this course we r expected to have a "hands on experience" of various materials.We were required to select different materials and then explore them. I chose fabrics.I was assigned to make a cricket bat for children using fabrics. I tried many fabrics,many methods. In the process I learned BRAIDING technique from Mr. Vivekanad, (M.Des. from IDC, IIT B ).

The process left me with bruised fingers and hands, but the end result was pleasant. After braiding, I cross-stitched 9-columns of the twisted-cotton fabric. I also put a bamboo stick running through the handle into the body to give it strength.

The bat was sturdy enough hit a ball.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 THE WORLD OF WIZARD.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.